1 pound ground hot pork sausage
1 pound ground mild pork sausage
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can green chiles
16 oz. cream cheese
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
Corn chips or tortilla chips for dipping
- Cook sausage in a large skillet until meat crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well.
- Drain diced tomatoes and green chiles, reserving 1/2 cup of liquid.
- Mix cream cheese until smooth. Add sausage, tomatoes and reserved liquid.
- Spread into a greased casserole dish and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, until bubbly.
- Cover tightly and place into PanHandler Bag.
- Arrive at your destination with a hot, delicious dip and serve with corn chips or tortilla chips.
*****This recipe makes enough to serve a crowd. If you need a smaller portion, you can use two smaller casserole dishes and freeze one for later use. Just bring the frozen dip to room temperature before baking. Enjoy!