1 pound mild ground pork sausage
1 pound hot ground pork sausage
1 large package frozen hash browns
1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
8 large eggs
2 cups milk
- Cook hot and mild sausages in a large skillet over medium heat until sausage is browned and crumbly. Drain.
- Prepare hash browns according to directions on package. Add 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Mix sausage, hash browns and 1 cup cheddar cheese. Pour into a greased 13″x9″ baking pan.
- Whisk eggs, milk and 1 teaspoon salt. Pour evenly over potato/sausage mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup cheddar cheese over casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.